|photo by jonokino|
1. My internship turned into a job! Now I am a staff member at HUB-BUB. I'm working part of the time as I'm also in school full time. It's really freaking nice that the folks I work with are some of the very folks I prefer to hang with. Silliness and art and "the power of fun as a catalyst for positive community change."
2. This week is Spring Break! I mean, today is the last day of the week before Spring Break, get it? I have a ton of catching up to do, a paper to write and an exam to study for (for which to study), but I also have a super cool project to be a part of; Ishmael is doing a mural all this week in Spartanburg! If you are local, hit me up and get involved. (See that contact button up there? Yeah.)
3. So this semester totally ends in less than two months. I am so over it already, but having that light at the end of the tunnel is everything. I tend to work myself to the bones and forget to take a moment to breathe/eat here and there. Weight slips off of me like water off a turtle's shell and my hair keeps dreading up. But, hey, less than two months? I got this, y'all.
4. I've started watching House of Cards with Mama. It's a good little reward for me to look forward to after getting stuff done from my mega list. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot. We've watched two episodes.
5. I mentioned weight loss. So, yeah, my friend Russell gave me some unsolicited "doctor's orders" to follow. His personal tips and tricks for gaining weight. He would know, I suppose. He says to eat a lot of comfort food, late at night whenever possible. Macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, etc. Y'all, I'm in. Bring it.