Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wish List: Dresses

Here are some dresses I've been lusting over this week. Can't seem to convince myself they are worth so much of my paypal accumulation, but they are nice to wish for.

I love the colors here and I'm kinda dying to have a dress that magically stays up (now that I have a cute and super supportive vintage bustier :). I would bring the hem up about a foot. This is a whopping $40 plus shipping. Yikesies. (shop)

On the temptation scale, this dress falls a bit higher simply because it is only $10. I really like it, but for some reason I think James wouldn't. No matter how progressive and independent I am as a woman, I still prefer to dress in a way that pleases my husband. I'm just like that. (shop)

I hate this dress, but I also want to wear it. Don't ask, I can't explain. I like to walk that line between really interesting/cool/cute/pretty and PLEASE DON'T WEAR THAT. This dress falls somewhere in there. (shop) (fyi, right now i'm wearing a hot pink, blousy romper with a teal elastic belt featuring a clam clasp)

I feel like this picture is a little awkward, but I KNOW this dress is beyond perfect. It is pink, silky, asian, vintage and for some reason not mine. (shop)

Every time I see this dress hanging out in my etsy favorites, I applaud my self control. It has been there for a few months and I have not added to cart. So $36 is possibly more than I've ever spent on a dress (my wedding dress was only slightly more), but look how beautiful this is! The kimono style fabric, the details in the bodice. The lace? Mmmmhmmm. (shop)

1 comment:

  1. If you modernize a dress by taking the hem up a good foot, you have plenty of fabric to make some matching hair bows, a headband or even a clutch!

    ReplyDelete