Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Books


Judging from the great quantity of fashion/outfit/style oriented posts around here, you may be surprised to learn that I have a life outside of my closet. My life extends, believe it or not, all the way to the local library. Last week I checked out Ender's Game and consumed it in a few days. It's so engrossing! I had only read one Orson Scott Card book before, the first in the Seventh Son series.

FACT: The only thing better than discovering a new author, is learning that s/he is prolific.

Have you read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell? What a wonderful book! Now I'm well into the author's collection of short stories. I love that she sticks to her Jonathan Strange universe in this collection. England in the early 1800s. And faerie.

I enjoy books that are mind bending, have well-conceived plots, and are character driven. If you know of any that fit this bill, TELL ME!

*I am afraid I must advise you not to follow this link. Though this library mind is fascinating, the other images are disturbing. You have been warned.

4 comments:

  1. The only thing that has kept me away from Card is his very vocal opposition to homosexuality. I hear he is a good writer, though. And I am still working my way slowly through Kraken, by China Mieville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up about Card-- I will carefully avoid anything non-fiction that he has to say or write and attempt to still enjoy his stories. These views of his weren't apparent in Ender's Game or Seventh Son.

      Delete
  2. the Kushiel's Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. read it. love it. become obsessed by it.

    ReplyDelete