Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm, or something


I know it's going to get really crazy around here once the semester is underway, but for now things are fairly quiet.

We had a great pre-school weekend! James and I camped out in the living room Friday night and on Saturday night the kids slept over at their grandparents'. We had our friend Josh over and we caught up on some TV (Breaking Bad, Portlandia, Louie) and video games (Marvel Pinball). I'm pretty bad at video gaming, but Marvel Pinball is definitely something I could get into...

We got to sleep in on Sunday morning. Until 8am. That's super late for the likes of us. Then we went to the gym. I LOVE our gym, especially because there is never anyone there and it was last painted in the 80s (think Miami Vice). But I love it so much more when James is there with me! Everything is fun and funny when we are together. (Well, together on our own. Things are often funny when the kids are around. But. Not always. Besides, we have to be appropriate.)

After a good workout and sauna, we went out for breakfast. At Waffle House, which I realize was counter productive, but whatever. We talked and talked. It was just what I needed going into this semester. I felt so refreshed and inspired!

The rest of Sunday, James and Amby helped James' dad with stuff around their house while Bea and I set up the nursery. It was really neat to spend some good one-on-one time with my girl. We were both in sweatsuits and metallic shoes inspired by a reader comment about how one of the best perks of having a daughter is dressing to match.

So yesterday was my first day back. I am soooo excited about everything I'm going to learn! AND my friend Beth is in both of my on-campus classes so we have companionship and competition- Bring it on!

Oh, one more thing. Did everyone see this? Invaluable.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet comment :) One of friends has been raving about Louie and trying to find someone else who watches to talk about it with. Maybe I should give it a try.
    I am more of a workout at home person but if my gym looked like the 80s that might change!
    I hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! That picture is amazing, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Josh showed us the first episode of Louie the other night and it is SO FUNNY. Wrong, in some ways, but funny.

    ReplyDelete