Sunday, January 8, 2012

A New Start

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring Term!

The other day, I posted about the school's daycare facility where my children were going to be spending their Wednesdays. Well, when Mama heard about it, she generously offered to keep the kids at her house on Mondays and Wednesday!! I couldn't be happier! I know it will be a lot for Mama to take on- she works and homeschools, but I am going to do everything I can to make it easier on her.

This afternoon, I cleaned out a recently vacated room in her house and turned it into an impromptu nursery. There is a youth bed for Bea and a small crib for Am, a bookshelf, a cradle full of stuffed animals, a rocking chair and a dresser full of diapers and back-up clothes. My brother Reuben secured the window with screws so there is NO WAY the kids could open it- which is good because the room is upstairs. Then I went to the store and got all the food for this week. I feel so much happer about going back to school without the stress of childcare heavy on my shoulders!

Can you believe that for me to provide organic food and raw milk for my kids, the day care required a doctor's note?!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that must be a huge weight off your mind! The few of my friends who are parents have all said that you really can't overestimate how much your family's support will mean to you once you have children. You are lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the said "Mama" I just wanted to say what a great day it was with Bea and Amby. Played well, ate well, and slept well. Was able to teach history and French to my two seventh grade girls-no complaints!

    ReplyDelete