Monday, January 30, 2012

Personal Style 101: Be Bold, Be You


It doesn't matter what other people think. In fact, they respect you more when you keep it real. At least I hope so! I get a lot of funny looks for some of the things I wear. I go to a school where most people dress in black and gray. I stick out like a sore thumb, but I get the impression that I am having a lot more fun that an lot of other people.

My clothes are me and I am them and they look like all my dreams. (Have you read The Big Orange Splot lately?) Sometimes when I shop, cashiers ask me if I am going to a costume party. Nope, I just like silly things!
So where do you get the courage to be bold in your dress? 

The first step is accepting your self: Your Body And Your Flaws. 

Like most women, I have had my own closet full of body image issues. We all have things we don't like and things we compare to other people, things we are embarrassed about. Girl, that's you you're judging! 

Accept those things you can't change and learn to love them as just another facet of who you are. 

I have millions of dark moles all over my body and a huge nose that takes up most of the camera frame. The only thing that can keep my jiggly parts from jiggling is flash photography and lets not even talk about my teeth. But hopefully you'll be too distracted by my confident smile and pretty clothes to notice any of that!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT IN THE HECK ARE YOU WEARING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something absolutely amazing, that's what!

      Delete
  2. You are the prettiest girl in the whole world and I love your moles and your teeth and your nose and they are all perfect for you and for me!

    Love,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought you were just lovely. beautiful, in fact. I admire your oozing self confidence and hope that I can be that way eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are too sweet, my little mentoree.

      Delete