Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Post

This Summer (I know it's not really Summer yet, you guys, come on! I just call it that because it is Summer break, ok?) has been pretty incredible so far. I mean, for most of it I have been sick, BUT now I am better and I can see that the sickness was providential. Before geting sick, I was feeling like I had WAY too much on my plate. I was so, so stressed. Being sick forced me to scrap all my plans and bow out of my commitments. Now I am free.

I have had some friends over lately who have really encouraged me, especially in my art. I feel like I am finally finding my voice as a painter. I certainly don't think I've "arrived." (An artist never does!) But I'm in love with what I'm doing and want to spent all Summer experimenting. 

Now that we are in our new house, I have room to spread out and paint and make a mess and leave it. This means that when I am out here in the studio? I do not feel like blogging, I feel like working. Thus fewer posts. Oh, well. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lily!

    Can I get your new address so I can invite you to Open Studios this year again, with hopes that you come this time...does guilt work on you? heeheehee

    I know the feeling on the creative, inspiration stumps and feeling sick! I've been into some new stuff myself and am very excited, it feels good to feel this way!

    I've been kinda down lately cause we are trying to get prego again and we can't seem to make it work
    :(...not easy as you get older as a woman for sure!

    But getting busy with OS and new ideas seems to help me forget about it a little.

    Okay, don't forget to send me your new address please and I have hopes to meet you over the summer!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guilt is like the one thing that DOES work on me! Send me that invite!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have a fun summer planned ahead of you! I love those friends who inspire and motivate you- that make you think your biggest dreams can actually come true. I am rooting for you and wish you the best of luck!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds so stupid but having more space really does make crafty pursuits easier! Like you say, being able to leave all the paraphernalia out to pop back to it whenever the modd strikes is SO much easier than having to pack it all away and then unpack it again!

    Are you going to show us some pictures of your new home? I love snooping round other people's houses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with her ^ ... I want to see the space! and the art!
    I'm so excited for you and your paintings. It is such a great feeling. I'm feeling quite the opposite these days. I have that awful frustrated feeling, where you have so much creative energy pent up inside you and it just doesn't seem to manifest in the right way. You know what I think this is from? pressure. pressure to produce a certain kind of art. (I can know this objectively all i want, It doesn't change much though...) oh sigh.
    MY point is that it is encouraging to hear you are super happy with your paintings these days, it makes me feel like I need to get back into that studio (dining room) and create!!!

    ReplyDelete