Monday, August 20, 2012

What I Wore :: Bling

Now, I don't want to make any of you ladies jealous, but... my mother-in-law is really into jewelry and she gives me some great stuff. My favorite pieces are the antiques and the ones that have been in the family or brought from Spain and Mexico. My very favorite of all is this light blue topaz bracelet that belonged to her mother, Guadalupe. It is so dainty and sweet. I like to pair it with an even daintier one.


So today, I wore my pearls and these bracelets and the topaz earrings that match. Holy moly, that's a ton of accessories for the likes of me! But boy, did I feel put-together waltzing into the downtown library with my (for once well-behaved) babies? Yes I did. With the braid crown to top it off. I do declare, I'd almost pass for normal!

Do you have any accessories that make you feel absolutely special?

6 comments:

  1. You look great! But I think the braid crown is a little out of the ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you even following trends? (Just kidding. And thanks!)

      Delete
  2. It's lovely. You look so delicate and feminine. My favorite accessory is my pearl necklace, because my mom gave it to me for my 21st birthday. It's a grown up necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giiiiiirl, forget that jewelry! I'm all about that hair! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look absolutely amazing ! Maybe you could teach me how to do the braid crown sometime(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck ya, I'll teach you! I want you to practice on me...

      Delete