Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What I Wore :: Quilted Edition

I guess these dresses were popular back in the seventies. They have been popping up in thrift stores a lot lately, but usually the quilted skirt fabric is something terrible. I don't love this bodice, so I am thinking of turning the dress into a skirt. What do you think?

I feel like I've been a bit out of it lately because I read The Time Traveler's Wife. Yeah, I know, everyone else read it years and years ago. Gosh, it took up all my time! I love books like that, the ones I can't put down. Staying up late to read and letting chores slide. Those are the best books. And -I know you thought I'd never say this- it's good to get out of the Dune universe for a while. Just a little while though. Last night, I got back into Chapterhouse Dune. 

Confession? I am honestly considering reading some Batman comics. They're different from the movies, I'm sure, but I want to know all the origin stories and everything. I just have no idea where to start...

7 comments:

  1. Remember I told you at the Radio Room that I've been thinking of getting into comics for a while now too. That's my problem too; I have no idea where to start. There should be a class or something.

    I'm glad you loved the Time Traveler's Wife. The movie is very disappointing. Don't waste your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we knew someone who was into comics who could guide us...

      Delete
  2. Never fear ladies...I have some definite ideas about this. In fact, once upon a time I made James a Batbox with all the essential Bat reading in order. I can do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is lovely but it's beautiful on YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a great find !! saw your page from heyzombot! wanted to come by and say hello to a fellow bird appreciator :) heartandthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete