Monday, September 17, 2012

3

Three things I am working on:
1. Learning the sushi menu for my job, an impossible task. There are way too many rolls.
2. Another poster project for school (an event poster for this guy)
3. I have a portfolio review coming up for the degree I am pursuing. I have to pass to continue in the program. Just a little bit stressed about this.


Three things I am excited about:
1. Getting invited to Gamma Beta Phi, an honor society for students who rank in the top 15% of their class. Woohoo! (This doesn't mean I'm going to join, but I'm considering it.)
2. Training my pandora station to know me so well that I never have to use the thumbs down and often get introduced to new bands I love.
3. Autumn. Sometimes, I think the next season is always my favorite. In Winter, my favorite season is Spring. But right now, I am looking forward to making pies and wearing scarfs. Oh, and sneaking a few salted caramel lattes.


Three things that are inspiring me these days:
1. A school book, go figure.
2. Having a friend as good and true and honest as Beth, even if her sparkles are sometimes distracting.
3. Edna Millay's poetry and biography. This poem makes me happy because it is a clever take on a love poem with a bit of silliness thrown in for good measure. (She and her sisters used a rudimentary form of darge-speak with each other!)

I brought my little song
   And laid it on his knee;
He smiled and shook his head,–
   "What has this to do with me?"

I took my little song
   And laid it on my breast;
It stirred and 'gan to cry,
   I hushed it back to rest.

5 comments: