Monday, October 28, 2013

Lou and Me

So yesterday morning when I heard the news of Lou Reed's death, two memories came to me.

I first listened to Lou Reed with Daddy. We didn't listen to rock'n'roll at home due to being Southern Baptist/Presbyterian. So it was a really neat thing whenever I got to ride with Daddy in his old pick-up truck and it felt sinful but safe. You know? I loved Satellite of Love and New York Conversation. It was just an old cassette tape is all.

But I have another Lou Reed related memory that's even better. Hudson and I, when we lived down in Charleston, had a perfect day. We drank sangria in the park and fed animals in the zoo. It was a slightly overcast day and we went to a wildlife preserve that you just kind of hike through. So it was very remote and private on a day like that. A Sunday Morning... Ok in my memory, that is true, not sure about reality. We found a side trail and had a picnic of cheap fruity wine and muffins. We saw bison and fed bears. And every time I hear Perfect Day, I think of Hudson and that day.


1 comment:

  1. I know it's strange, but when I hear anyone say "colored" I immediately sing "doo duh doo duh doo duh doo doo doo" in my head.

    ReplyDelete