This is the part where the teacher let me do my own thing. I feel so blessed to have this much freedom, encouragement and room for expression in school. I am doing a DVD cover for Fellini's first color movie, Juliet of the Spirits, as I mentioned
before. When I get it good and finished, I will surely show it to you. My friend
Beth took all these pictures.
 |
| First it was a lot of sitting around carving the blocks. |
 |
| Then I secured the block on the bed and rolled on a thin layer of black ink. |
 |
| See? |
 |
| Even though it's too light, I was super excited!!! |
 |
| My teacher(almost) always wears that hat, even inside, because he believes the proper way of doing things is an archaic convention that no longer applies. He is a father of two. |
 |
| It took a lot of tries, closer to what I wanted with each one. |
You'll see the finished product soon enough. It is due on Tuesday...
LOL, the Giveaway Part: First five people to comment here (other than myownself, of course) will get a print from me! It may not be this design. After all, there are four more!
GIVEAWAY STILL OPEN. Don't be fooled: I've commented and commenters have re-commented. As of right now there are still TWO (2) prints up for grabs.
Please leave a way for me to contact you!
Yes, yes, but how do we win a print? Also, love the look in the last pic.
ReplyDeleteSo, does my reminding you to do a giveaway count as a post? I guess this one does anyway?
ReplyDeleteYou would have gotten one anyway, but yes! :)
Deleteohhh.. pretty and free art! :D
ReplyDeleteSend me your address or whatever (tinyyellowbird@yahoo.com)
DeleteI want one!! These are awesome.
ReplyDeleteAm I too late? It's awesome!
ReplyDeleteYer in, bro!
Deleteyay!
DeleteI'm sad that I missed out on this class.
ReplyDelete<3 Amazing, Lily.
These are gorgeous. Enjoying these posts immensely. Print making has been on my list of things to learn.
ReplyDeleteAhhh this makes me miss university so much! Printmaking is great fun :)
ReplyDeleteAlli xx
Oh wow I love your prints! I would be honoured to receive one if you would consider posting it all the way over the sea to Blighty! You can email me at elenidrinkstea@gmail.com :)
ReplyDeletePS: my housemate does a printing evening class every year, she's hooked!
I figure I'm past the cut, but the only reason I didn't leave a comment sooner saying how much I absolutely love love love that design you made was my lack of internet (boo to moving). Seriously, though, that design rocks.
ReplyDelete