![]() |
| via |
Speaking of which, I'm kinda behind on the school front. You see, the last few weeks, I have been involved in an all-consuming mural project. It's pretty much done now and I am both glad and sad. It took up a lot of my time and I was away from James and the kids a lot. But alternately, I learned some good stuff and met some great folks. The mural is in Spartanburg where I hope to be increasingly involve in the art scene.
On that topic, I have a new project to work on. It is an outdoor sign for an art organization in Spartanburg.
You know, I could get into sign painting. Like as a thing. I'm thinking about looking for more opportunities like this and doing some field research in this area. There's so many great hand-painted signs from back in the day and a number have recently been covered up. That makes me sad and I believe this to be an art form worth reviving.

oh! have you ever seen that documentary 'Beautiful Losers' about those artists ... and the book (i have the book and I think the doc is on instant netflix). Anyways, one of the chicks is a sign-painter. Something I never would have thought could be awesome until I saw her stuff years ago. Check it out! and congrats on the mural! it sounds super fun!
ReplyDeleteI haven't, but it IS on netflix! Just added to the top of my queue. :)
Delete