Thursday, June 17, 2010

Raleigh, my brother

Raleigh is 13 and it is a very awkward age, body-wise. In the face, he looks like the same little kid he's always been (and always will be as far as us older ones are concerned) and he surely doesn't weigh any more than he did 5 years or so ago when he lost all his baby fat, but he's taller than is natural or right. Likewise, his feet are overgrown. He wears size twelve shoes (red converse high tops, unfortunately) and complains that they pinch his toes. The good thing, if you consider it good, is that his self-confidence has grown at the same rate as his legs and feet. Some people think it may in fact be overgrown. But I think he'll catch up with himself one of these days.

This picture was taken a few months ago, so he's taller now. But you can see a bit of what I mean. I'm tall, 5'8"...and he's my baby brother.

Raleigh's always been a good sport. Look at what he and the others endured as children when I got my first camera:

2 comments:

  1. geeze!!! that's awesome lily! i love that you write about your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Ben! His feet have been Hobbit size since he was 14! They still are, infact.

    ReplyDelete