So I have an exam in Public Speaking. It is a comprehensive exam on a textbook which I am proud to say I never read. Thank you very much. That will be Thursday. I expect to enjoy it.
I have a slideshow to put together for my print class showing all the stuff I've make this semester, showing that I learned a good variety of techniques and tried different styles, etc. I still need to photograph some of my work for that, but here is some that I can show you now.
This first piece is a linoleum cut print. It is based on a photograph I took of James not too long ago. It is about 9"x7" or something.
The next is more or less a doodle because I had little bits of lino and big bits of imagination. The studio was a mess.
This sugar skull is just the key plate from above. I hand colored it with watercolor crayons.
For this one, Lady MacBeth, I "rainbow rolled" two colors and attempted a chine coli. I still don't know what that means, but I'm pretty sure this is it. And I'm pretty sure it is awesome.
There were some other processes that we tried, but I can't show you examples until I get them photographed. Also, one is a familiar nude and I don't know you as well as that, so you won't be seeing that piece.
The last process we learned about was lithography. I quite liked it even though it was a beast to figure out. Hours and hours of trial and mostly error. It is a portrait of little James Ambrose:
I based it on a sketch I did of him while he and Bea were watching a movie recently:
(Also, parties, art exhibits, daytrips, rock shows, skinny dipping, banner dropping, puppet making, drinking, reading, gardening, painting, etc, etc.)








I want to go to this: http://www.high.org/Programs/Programs/Events/2013-Events/Special-Event/AdiosFridaandDiego.aspx
ReplyDeleteSO DO I!!!!!!!!
Delete